Good question: we'd think it's quite high, but there's also a lot of
urban food production going on, small scale, but lots of it, and a
major contributor to food supply in many large cities of the world, I
think I read somewhere, maybe here on the list, actually. With emerging
megacities, that's important.

a good resource on that end of it, the urban agriculture aspect, might
be:

www.cityfarmer.org

Edward Beggs
http://www.biofuels.ca

here's a resource on the urban agriculture end of things