Hello,

I recently enrolled in an ecological horticulture apprenticeship program
in Santa Cruz, CA, USA and am thinking ahead about my final
project--agroecological biofuel production. At this point I would like
to review the literature and engage in discussion, but it is possible
that I may get some research plots going at the UCSC farm or other
agroforestry projects I am involved with in Central America.

Some of my initial questions on the subject are:

What mushrooms might be integrated into the corn fields of Archer
Daniels Midland (or our small corn-beans-squash polyculture) to increase
the yield, stability, and soil fertility of the system?

What plant (and animal) guilds have farmers used for biofuel production
in temperate and tropical climates?

What biofuel-appropriate crops would do well in agroforestry systems?

- Dave Shaw