Proving my case that unless you are in need of such finite measurements there is no practical use for them.
So what was it that was tough about increments that divide by 10 ?
Luc
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Metric measurements

Luc,

<snip>
The only place metric fails is in micro measurements where 1000's of an
inch
is required, but that is neither here nor there for the average person.

One 1000th of an inch is 0.0254 milimeter. Rather coarse for machining ...
We have milimeters (1/1000th of a meter) and micrometers (1/1000th of a
mm).
So, what's not covered by metric?
You can go smaller still, we've got Angstroms.

1000's of an inch are regularly used by the average rodbuilder. But these
are
easily transformed into metric units.

Cheers, Aleks