if anyone has eaten any "freedom fries" lately...Time for a WVO pick up :-)
Luc
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Metric measurements

I think Andy has underscored the root of the issue. We, as citizens of the US, are indeed "free" to choose which system to use. Just as I am "free" to choose to purchase a disesl Ford Fiesta (http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/fiesta/-/-/-/-/-/-). And my "free" choice to purhase a diesel Ford Ranger is here too right (http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/ranger/-/-/-/-/-/-)? But I'm not "free" to choose because someone has decided that this vehicle, made by an American company, will not be sold here.

But I rant... the point is, if we have the freedom to not choose metric then we also have the freedom TO choose it. And sticking to an old, out-dated system mearly because we are Americans and we can do whatever we damn well please points to our inablilty to adapt and change (even when its crutial to survival).

I'm down for metric and I'm not too keen on base-12. Sounds a bit scary! hehe.