From:               "WM LUKE MATHISEN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date sent:          Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:39:14 -0700
Subject:            [Biofuel] Set up help
Send reply to:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello out there in biofuel land!

I live in Montana near Missoula, off the grid, our primary energy source is solar and our backup is a recently acquired diesel generator, to be precise a 7500 watt Lister Petter, prior to that we used a converted propane generator. We are very happy with the switch to diesel (it reduced our fuel costs by 2/3rds). Every week I go into Missoula (I am an accountant) and work at a restaurant. The restaurant pays $25 per month to get rid of their used waste oil. I could very easily pick up waste oil from that restaurant (and other restaurants) and bring it back to make biodiesel for my generator. My concerns are fuel quality so I don't end up damaging my generator and attracting bears (we had 2 house break-ins last fall). I am looking at producing 50-100 gals per month in the winter (sometimes we will go two weeks or more with no direct sunlight, or "no solar-days" as I call them) and half that in the summer. What will my startup costs be? How much space will I need, for
production and storage? How much t

I am currently in the process of planning a enclosure for the generator and it seemed to make since to include space for making and storing the biodisel.

Luke