Forget about retail and go for bulk sales to haulage companies. If
biodesel is cheaper per mile (including excise tax) they will buy. If
it's not they won't.

Most German biodiesel is made from new vege oil, they have approx a
$0.50(US) excise tax difference which seems to work. UK will have
only a $0.30(US) margin tight even for waste oil.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Jan
>
> Didn't you mean to send this to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Keith
>
> >Hi Pedro and Mauro,
> >
> >Maybe this is good point to exchange information how thing go in
> >different countries????
> >
> >I can say few words on Poland and the situation of biofules:
> >
> >Bioethanol :
> >
> >We have two big producers  (refineries) of petrol in our country.
> >They used to produce leaded
> >fuel among others.
> >Now the leaded fuel is on the decline.
> >
> >And as they say the bioethanol was most suitable to mix with
leaded fuel.
> >Because of that many producers of ethanol are on the virge of
> >bankrupcy since the refineries
> >reject to buy ethanol.
> >
> >And despite the law regulation that benzines that contain at least
> >5% of bioethanol are exempted
> >from the excise tax there is no demand for bioethanol.
> >
> >This is simply because refinery prefers to add several cents to
the
> >price of one liter of the petrol
> >and have this problem off their head.
> >Who pays for it ?  Of course all motorists.
> >
> >Biodiesel:
> >
> >No excise duty (or tax if you will) for biodiesel....
> >
> >but.....
> >
> >Poland used to be rapeseed superpower  (almost 5% of worlds crop
> >were located here) and
> >almost 100% of rapeseed was used to produce vegetable oils and
> >derivatives (margarine and the
> >like).  Farmers had contracts with vegetable oil companies (very
> >much the same as sugar
> >beetroot farmers with sugar refineries) and were paid rather good
price.
> >Today this price is about PLN 900/metric tonne i.e. US $ 225/tonne
> >of rapeseed.
> >This can be a hindrance to further development of biodiesel
> >Petrodiesel cost on the wholesale market PLN 2200 to 2300 i.e.
$525
> >to $575/tonne.
> >
> >The petrol stations belong to refineries and they...are not
> >interested in biodiesel because this
> >could take away profits from their owner  (at least they think
like that).

> >Maybe giants are the same everywhere ?  Of course official
> >argumentation is that e.g. bioethanol
> >is not suitable to mix with high grade benzines or that biodiesel
> >does not comply with the quality
> >requirements of standard diesel.  This sounds very professional -
> >but is it true ??? That is another
> >story.
> >
> >Does it contribute a little to the whole picture ?  Does it
> >supplement the Spanish case ?
> >
> >Awaiting your opinions
> >
> >jan surowka
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]