Camillo,
Thankyou for settling this issue. Dioxins are indeed a serious
problem being long lived and only destroyed at very high
temperatures - way above those inside engines.

With high temperatures, NOx emissions become a problem, but at least
they are far less dangerous than dioxins.

Thankyou also for your (earlier) encouraging comment on how easy it
was to get operation licences for your plant. I agree that a
biodiesel plant should have low emissions even one using waste oils,
but getting that point across to municiple beurocrats is not always
so easy.

ELsbett
I think it is a great shame that Mr Elsbett's engine design ideas
could not have found their way into common use. His whirlpool effect
with air spinning inside the combustion chamber was a great way to
keep the flames away from the metal surface - improving efficiency
and combustion cleanliness. His split piston was another clever idea
allowing tighter tolerances and again better efficiency.

As for his attitude towards biodiesel, in a way he might be right.
Engines can be made to run on plain oil. The problem is that 99.9% of
road engines cannot run on plain oil without expensive modifications.
If we waited for the motor industry to develop new engines we will
never have a vegetable oil based fuel industry. Biodiesel is the only
practical answer.

Emissions are another issue. Anything new always has to overcome more
regulatory obstacles than something established. The playing field is
not level. Biodiesel has been proven to be cleaner than anything else
used in diesel engines. Raw oil would have to go through the same
process.

Dave Elliott

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Camillo Holecek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Sorry, you missed a good part of my point and I may have to be more
clear:
> There is a wide range of toxics. Agreed.
>
> The problem I mentioned is of the DIOXINE class !
>
> That is a level of toxidity, where any trace IS relevant and there
is ZERO
> TOLERANCE, specially with authorithies!
>
> All this detergents I mentioned use also some chlorine components
and they a
> perfectly producing DIOXINE varieties when burned incompletly in
ANY engine.

> DEDICATED toxic-refuse incinerators with proper dioxine filter
systems are
> the only sensible way.
>
> If you are a collector and have some witts, you should be able to
sell
> grease trap oil to the operator of the refuse incinerators as fuel.
Has been
> done in many parts of the world. Incinerators have to reach very
high
> temperatures and do need fuel.
>
> Camillo Holecek

[EMAIL PROTECTED]