Hello Keith,
I think loading the bookmark is the correct way to upload the
diagrams and text of a web document for the benefit of the group.
Thanks for ur info on the effect of water on increasing CR and power
boost...and ur references. I've now uploaded TAL and Alchemix
bookmarks for those who might be as interested in integration of
silica and ethanol technologies as I am. Did u know that there is CO2
subsidy as well? Once again TQ.
Cheers

Manickh

-- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello again Manickh
>
> >Hello Keith,
> >Manickh is fine. No i did not hear about that work at USM but I
will
> >forward it to a friend who might be interested in water removal
from
> >natural latex as an alternative to centrifugation. I seem to have a
> >problem with diagrams always it is saved in separate folder which
can
> >be uploaded separately without merging. Often i upload both files.
If
> >I recollect the missing diagram refers to a pyrolysis scheme
wherein
> >the rice hulls are pyrolysed to a char first b4 treatment (to make
> >silica?). Silica is sooo interesting but alas I do not have access
> >laboratory facilities anymore since I am retired. So I browse web
> >instead--came across biofuels only recently. It is excellent and I
> >get lots of information from it. Steve's post that u could drive
cars
> >on > 160 proof ethanol came as a real shocker. I did not know that
> >20% water does not harm the engine.
>
> WATER INJECTION
>
> During World War II, the military made extensive use of water
> injection in high performance piston aircraft engines. Later, water
> injection was used by both civilian and military jet aircraft to
> provide extra thrust, principally on takeoff. Even today, water
> injection systems are available that can be installed in
automobiles.
> The fact is that, within certain limits, these systems actually do
> increase power. Referring back to Figure 2-2, note that the latent
> heat of vaporization for gasoline is about 140 Btu/lb and for
ethanol
> about 361 Btu/lb. Water has a latent heat of about 700 Btu/lb!
> Therefore, if a little water is injected into the carburetor in the
> form of an ultra-fine mist, the latent heat of the water will cool
> the charge and increase volumetric efficiency. In addition, when
the
> charge is fired in the cylinder, the water will turn to high-
pressure
> steam and provide additional power due to the pressure exerted by
the
> steam. There are definite limits, however, to the amount of water
> that can be injected. Too much will cause excessive cooling and
> misfiring.
>
> The use of water injection with a gasoline fueled engine requires a
> separate metering and injection system because water and gasoline
do
> not mix. Ethanol and water, however, do mix and the benefits of
water
> injection can be had simply by adding the desired amount of water
> the alcohol in the fuel tank.
>
> http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_manual/manual1-
2.html#ch2
> Alcohol Fuel Manual Ch1-2
>
> And there have been some interesting results with this - try a
search
> for "Novak" in the Biofuels archive:

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/me3.ht
ml
> Mother Earth Alcohol Fuel: Ron Novak's Do-It-Yourself Water
Injection System

> These books and more are indexed here:
> http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library.html
> Biofuels Library - Journey to Forever
>
> >I have also learnt that u have
> >lots of molasses and rice hulls in the USA available at low cost. I
> >can only conclude that u r sitting on 'green gold'...the fuel of
the
> >future by a long shot. TQ
>
> Well, not me, I'm in Japan for the moment, but I agree. There's a
lot
> of feedstock just lying around or going to waste or causing
problems,
> and a lot of potential for growing biomass crops and better biofuel
> crops that's hardly begun to be exploited. It's the same here in
> japan. Everywhere I guess.
>
> regards
>
> Keith

Buy Stock for $4