Hello James

>Sorry, I just had to responde to something you said about the DIY'rs
>sullying the "image" of BD??!!

It arose from this statement from Graham Noyes of World Energy, which
he's been asked several times to substantiate, but has avoided doing
so:

From: "grahamnoyes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 01:58:28 -0000
Subject: [biofuel] Re: [biofuels-biz] CALL TO ACTION- USDA CUTTING
SUPPORT FORBIODIESEL PRODUCTION

Obviously he can't substantiate it. A lot of things about this
statement were challenged, he didn't respond to any of the questions
raised. He was under pressure, he didn't expect any opposition, if
he'd had anything substantial to say he'd have said it. But he just
blustered a lot instead

>In this last weekends class we did a little homebrew test for quality
>against commerce BD and a batch from the Berkley co-op and they were about
>the same.  If anything, the commerce BD that gets sent for ASTM and EPA
>testing is prolly from a VERY carefully processed batch, whereas most
>homebrew is carefully processed with each batch out of necessity (more
>lovingly ;-)  ).  I wouldn't say all homebrewers are that concerned with
>their batches, but to be a DIY'r is in itself a passion, and thus usually
>more concerned.

Thankyou! That's exactly the point, and several people have said so.
Several have also compared their much-maligned homebrew with commerce
BD and found the same thing, either it's the same as the commerce
stuff or better. But people like Noyes refuse to acknowledge such an
apparently horrendous possibility.

I think we should badger the guy, demand that he substantiate his
claims or withdraw them. Put up or shutup. I reckon it's BS, a
baseless industry myth that does the whole movement harm. People
should stop spreading this sort misinformation. If it's not
misinformation, fine, then let's have some details. But leaving it
hanging like this is not acceptable.

Best

Keith

Biofuels at Journey to Forever