...and while we're debunking popular myths lets nail
this one too.

" Plutonium, the most significant element in nuclear
waste, is so carcinogenic that hypothetically half a
kilo evenly distributed could cause cancer in everyone
on Earth."
By Dr. Helen Caldicott

It is worth a look here for a reality check:

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Plutonium

I am NOT in favor of nuclear power, however media hype
misinformation like the quote above only discredits
the good work of the anti-nuclear movement.
ls