Chris,

Look at my mail to Bob.

The Vikings had a regular and well established trading relationship
with MiklagÄrd, which was Constantinople. This is proven in many
ways, by written "sagas" and also by history from that part. When
they visited Constantinople, it was special rules for them and they
were not allowed to be a larger group or to have arms, which also
is documented.

All the links are there, it is possible and Swedish historians have
started to accept the links and their probability. They do not regard
it as speculative. It is not much more that I can say off or on line,
but if you have substantial evidence that the theory is wrong, the
we can continue off line.

Hakan