Howdy David,

a flat tax would just reward the rich with lower taxes and punish the
impoverished with taxes they didn't have before.  The flat tax also will
not address the flight of corporations to tax havens.

flat tax- bad idea.

David M. Brockes wrote:
> This is why we need a "Flat Tax" system in this country for both Individual
> and Business. 8% to 12% would provide a tax base much more robust than what
> we have today....and most of us would probably pay less,

if most of us pay less, then somebody pays more.  A 12% tax rate would
mean tax break for the rich; hence, the poor would be paying more for
the rich persons reduction.

  but certainly
> everyone would pay a "fair" share.....and think of all the savings there
> would be from all the "extra" costs currently related to our Tax system!!
> Just IMHO!!
> Dave

<cut>

--
Bob Allen
http://ozarker.org/bob

"Science is what we have learned about how to keep
from fooling ourselves" — Richard Feynman