Greg,

> That's where you are wrong Todd.
> For many things I am still at the bottom
> of the heap, and freely admit it.

It's all rather easy for you to off handedly declare others as being
wrong in their assessment of your behavior. I'd bet my burrow and it's
saddle that you're in a far better economic profile and general position
than a great number of those persons whom you're choosing to berate and
denigrate.

I'd even be willing to seek out an independant third party to
substantiate that belief. My guess is that while you may know what it's
like to do without, you ain't seen nothin' in comparison to multitudes
of your fellow humans, many of whom immediately surround you, much less
those you deride within the path of hurricane Katrina.

As for your survival plan? Cudos to you for having the moxy, fortitude
and at least some resources to prepare yourself for some eventuality
that may or may not ever come your way.

But enough of that, as this isn't about "you." Your saintlyhood isn't
the yardstick for which all others should be measured against.

It's about those persons set square in the middle of a natural and
un-natural event - part their own doing and largely not - whom you want
to berate, even while they're still on their rooftops and before the
bodies are yet collected and buried. Nothing like kicking the dog and
contributing to anger and mayhem rather than working in a constructive
and productive manner - no matter how badly you feel the need to vent
your "frustrations." (What makes you think you've got the right to be
frustrated when you're sitting in the comfort of your own home and not
in the middle of the cow patty that millions of others are at this
moment is beyond me.)

What I have said is that your type of all-inclusive judgement is
short-sighted and destructive. To condemn those who draw shorter straws
under the exact same circumstances is a practice of malice.

Don't understand what I'm saying?

Start with all the hundreds of thousands who didn't store water or food
in their 55 gallon drums and 5 gallon buckets as do you. Right off the
bat they're lesser of a being than you are on your perch. Doesn't matter
that their barrels and buckets would have been sodden and perhaps
unusable in this event. What matters by your yardstick is that they
obviously didn't think ahead as you would or as well as you and they are
thus judged.

Then you start to separate all those hundreds of thousands of foolish
persons (by your standards) into sections, those that have enough money
and resources to flee and those that don't  and begin to berate those
who don't. Using your barometer, those with such resources are to be
judged less harshly or not judged at all in comparison to those who
don't possess such luxuries (resources), simply because they aren't the
ones in immediate need of lifesaving assistance. (Just wait. They'll be
bitching, moaning and groaning before the weekend's out and before the
dead are buried as well. So you'll then be able to blend into the
company of larger numbers.)

And then in a gesture of "compassion," you further contribute to the
"conversation" with your condescension against those who have lost
family as a result of whatever their decisions were, no matter what the
circumstances were that brought them to that decision. Such a fine
fellow you and your lot are. Truly a model Thursday morning
prognasticator after a Monday morning hurricane, functional in the most
humane and compassionate sense of the Christian form, eh? (Actually?
Not! Unless you consider the Inquisition, the Crusades and burning of
"witches" at the stake to be other fine examples of such form.)

Frankly Greg? You think you're frustrated? Start thinking about all
those who have taken the time to read your words of piety on this matter
and the similar words of others and have to choke back the contents of
their stomachs......

And yet you will inevitably continue..............

Todd Swearingen