Hi David, many of the questions you have asked are already address on
the JTF website.  I would suggest taking a good spin through there,
and if you still have questions, asking the list.  Most homebrewers, me
included, aren't fans of the Internet BD setups, particularly the
FuelMeister and others that
are plastic.