Hello,

As far as the grey layer of crud that's built up in
the atmosphere, there have been airplanes whose sole
apparent purpose has been to lay that grey layer down
in the atmosphere.  I have personally observed them in
many different cities, even in different countries,
for about the last five years.  The phenomenon is
called chemtrails, and you can find a whole education
on the internet regarding it.   www.carnicom.com
(which I have not visited in years) is probably the
most well-known.

Charles Tounah