Bob,

My understanding is that glycerin tends to suffocate worms--sticks to them and they "drown," making it a rotten feedstock for vermiculture.

On Dec 7, 2005, at 4:01 PM, Robert Carr wrote:

Hi all,
I have decided to go the composting route to dispose of my glycerin
by-product, but I want to combine this process with at least one other.  I
plan to dispose of garden waste, household compostibles  and glycerin b-p
together, but want to get another usable or saleable by product.
Has anyone checked out the effects of puting glycerin by-product in a worm
composter? Would this harm the worms?
Another thought is will glycerin b-p ruin mushroom compost?
All thoughts and opinions appreciated.
Regards Bob

Lyle Estill

Piedmont Biofuels