Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:00:26 +0700
From: "lres1" < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Biofuel] Jatropha
To: <Biofuel@sustainablelists.org>

Hello all,
Am in a bit of a quandary as to Jatropha nuts for Bio fuel.

I have been advised that the non toxic variety of Jatropha found in Mexico produces no oil for relatively simple processing to bio fuel  where that of  the toxic variety yields oil.

Fable or fallacy?

Still have found no place to buy the Mexican seeds, is the above the reason why?

Thank you to any one that can help make things fly here without long term damage to the environment but using such plants for land stability, the slowing of land erosion and river bank stability as well as for banks for rice terraces and hedges. How much silt does the Mekong river carry each year that could be reduced by such planting?

Doug