Jan,

Since when are esterifications "often incomplete?"

And since when is a "good conversion" achieved necessarily through base
catalysis?

It's relatively simple to take 100% FFAs and achieve a "100% yield" of
esters. Industry does it daily from soap stock.

Let people satisfy their own curiosities rather than scaring them off
paths that many have already taken..., and succeeded at one might add.

Todd Swearingen