I have a PetroMax and have had no luck w/ BD.  I am not sure if it is
the stove or not - I cleaned it and tried petro diesel with no luck,
then ISO and got an ok flame.

I will try again now that things are warm.

FWIW, I never was able to get a flame at all w/ diesel BD or otherwise
w/o heating with a torch.

-Mike