I wasn't a mechanic (although I knew my way around a shop). My father is a pipeline welder and steam fitter and most of my friends are in industry or the building trades. I had a bigger interest in understanding how things worked. So, I decided to go to school and become an engineer. I'm the only person in my family or circle of friends to have gone to college.

Re: TDI - I'm told that people are linking palm pilots to their car computers to improve performance.

Mike

Mike Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Oops - you're younger than me.

Were you a mechanic? I was, waaaay back when.

Now you hot rod cars with a computer. I souped up my TDI with a chip,
software and an air intake. Still thinking about injectors...

-M