sounds downright racist to me.

"They are not Western; they are of Aztlan...

Just look at the ethnic composition of Mexicans. Other than a small
upper class of pure European blood, the vast majority of Mexicans are
either Amerindian or Mestizos (mostly Amerindian with a few drops of
Spaniard, or African, blood). In short, they are not European. They are
Asiatic..."