Dear all. I am very flattered that my methanol method had so much attention.
Here is a development of the method:
Equipment needed for the analysis

  1.. One 250 ml separatory funnel
  2.. One 400 ml beaker (Figure 2)
  3.. One magnetic stirrer
  4.. Balancer with 0,05g acc.
  5.. One 50 ml  narrowed neck E-flask

Chemicals for the analysis

1. Water free methanol, min 225 g
2. FAME with water content less than  500 ppm, clear, bright and without
visible impurities, min 25 g

Take the clean beaker and put exactly 225 g of methanol in it. Then add exactly
25g of the biodiesel. Stir the fluids on the stirrer for 2 minutes. Take the
beaker off the stirrer ans pour the content into the separation funnel.Take the
clean e-flask to the balancer and tarate with the flask. Let any oil phase
separate out from the biodiesel/methanol phase and put it in the  e-flask.
Weigh the content and calculate the result:

1 -  m1/m2 = m3
where m1 is the mass of the biodiesel
m2 is the amount of methanol
m3 is how much of the biodiesel put in that is consisting from methyl esters.
The method will show huch much of the material by mass that is soluble in
methanol. This includes mostl mono- and diglycerides. The residue consists
therefore mostly from unreacted oil.

With best
Jan Warnqvist