josh, this is like claiming the engine uses less fuel when it's shut
than when it's running.  aerodymics aren't magic.  a vehicle moving at
65mph is still encountering more air resistance than when moving at
55mph.  there are many interesting aspects in automobile technology
today, yet today's average vehicle consumes more fuel than in years
past.  it *may* be that today's vehicles are as aerodynamically
efficient at 65mph as earlier vehicles were at 55mph, but that seems
doubtful and in itself means little.  gearing?  a vehicle in 6th gear
(wish they'd started making them decades ago) will always consume less
fuel at 55mph than at 65mph.  can you provide any citations to back up
these rather outlandish claims you make?