Hey Zeke;

Zeke Yewdall wrote
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 5:02 AM, Chip Mefford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > How about we just turn away from hard path energy all together
> > and embrace the soft path?
> >
> > Soft path energy approaches lead us off into an uncertain future.
> > The hard path leads us to oblivion.
>
> Isn't it interesting that the majority of people seem to prefer
> oblivion rather than uncertainty?

It is interesting. So many folks will say (And I think they say it without
thinking about what they are saying) "I have no desire to live through
$some_coming_big_change" Or "What does it matter, we'll all just die anyway?"
and stuff like this. Some of these folks are the gentle loving good neighbor
types who are a joy to know. it's like somehow they are emotionally incapable
to see anything other than cornucopian utopia and certain annihilation.
it is very strange. There are so very many other approaches to every challenge
we face, and such unwillingness to embrace them.