Doug,

Thanks a lot for teaching.   I will definitely try your way, as I have to draw
many more such ellipse.

Fulio

Doug Schepers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:     Hi, Fulio-

 You could also achieve a similar effect by simply giving variable values to
 the stroke-dasharray:

 <ellipse cx='180' cy='150' rx='65' ry='43' fill='none' stroke='red'
 stroke-width='2' stroke-dasharray='96 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6
 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 74'/>

 It is only slightly shorter, and might be less robust as you need to
 increase the size of your shape, but it might be easier for someone to
 hand-code.

 Also, I noticed that you're missing some closing </g> tags, so your content
 is not well-formed. this will stop it from working on FF and other browsers.

 Regards-
 Doug

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 www.vectoreal.com ...for scalable solutions.

 Fulio Pen wrote:

 | Thank everyone who offered help.  I did two paths with
 | elliptical arc.  It worked.
 |
 | http://www.pinyinology.com/svg/ellipse1.svg
 |
 | SVG is a great technology.  I hope it will be fully supported
 | on all major browsers.  I also hope that not only
 | professional computer programmers, but also non-professionals
 | such as me will use it more and more in designing pages for Internet.
 |
 | Thanks again for your teaching.
 |
 | Phi Tran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:     Definitely you need
 | at least two path.
 |
 |       If you could not find that then I can send you a
 | javascript rountine to
 |  split that Ellipse into 4 Bezier Curves. Left-top,right bottom.
 |
 |      But I you need to devide your ellpise not at the 90
 | degree even then:
 |  The you can do the Path with  four ARC(s). 2 on each path.
 | With No "z"
 |
 |    Or I can Send your a piece of javascript to draw your
 | ellipse into a
 |  series of lines (for your path).
 |

 |  PHI.
 |

 |  On 2/5/06, Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 |  >
 |  > You could split the ellipse into two paths, each of which had an
 |  > elliptical arc, if SVG allows that (I can't remember ...)
 | or the bezier
 |  > approximation if not.

                                                    Xml format
                     Svg                                       Format
                                                          Data