Xaver Aerni schrieb:

Xari!

Cablecom probably will offer greater bandwidths once they have switched to digital TV becaus of digital TV is capable of offering a multitude of TV programs over a single channel. And with DOCSIS 3.0 one can bundle channels for even more bandwidth. Needs new infrastructure (modems and uBRs) though.

I think CC has a big trafffic Problem. They must switch off many of the analog
Channels, when they want have more Traffic. They use some bandwidths for the
digital TV, and for HDTV they use for every Channel the Space of 2 analog
Channels... ok... With the compression od 1,5 channels...
I think this will be a bigger Problem...

Exactly. That's why they are urged to push digital TV. Personally I'd love TV without snow (except winter sports or documentations but let's stay on topic) but I will not pay more than for analog TV, that's for sure. I have a Sat receiver and antenna at home, picture quality is way better there of course.

HDTV, I don't see the improvement of having higher resolution when it's compressed down for no good.

It's the same like with DAB. It's of no use being able to receive DRS2 digitally, when it's compressed to 112 kbit/s. I would not even go below 160 kbit/s even for pop music.

By the way: What ever happend to TV over ADSL? =:-)

CU, Venty