On 2016-09-20 15:58, Jim Romaguera wrote:

> No I don't have an excuse but interested in the communities (& your)
> opinion re your challenge...
>
> o DHCPv6 re Android re enterprise, BYOD, PWLAN, etc environments
>
> Is a problem or was a problem / no problem at all?

One person at Google decided that they do not want to properly want to
support IPv6 even though people have been asking for it...

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=32621
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/androids-lack-of-dhcpv6-support-poses-security-and-ipv6-deployment-issues/
etc etc

And even if they finally change their mind:
 https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html
you will never get the correct version on the devices....

I am still waiting for the new 7.x to pop up on that chart ;)
I mean, it is only out for a month now...

Hey look, IOS 10.x is at 25% already:
  https://david-smith.org/iosversionstats/
while that was released, what, a week ago? :)

Hence, just buy a different device, Android is hopeless...

Greets,
 Jeroen

.... well CyanogenMod might be useful, but they do not have DHCPv6
either afaik...