---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Graham Triggs <grahamtri...@gmail.com>
Date: 22 January 2011 05:00
Subject: Re: Key Changes and Justifications
To: Tim Brody <t...@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: Richard Jones <rich...@oneoverzero.com>, techadvisorypa...@swordapp.org

On 21 January 2011 14:54, Tim Brody <t...@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> I don't think bundling things into a .zip saves you work because it just
> moves the complexity into a different domain. You will get 90% of the way
> to moving objects from one system to another with low loss by using Atom +
> Dublin Core + a feed of media resources. If you require more complexity but
> in a limited scope use a private MIME type.

Hmm. I'm going to step in here with regards to metadata. From doing
(real, live) publisher to repository deposits - and from discussions
in the DSpace community about what we want to be able to do with our
repositories - Dublin Core or even SWAP simply doesn't cut it. As a
publisher, we have more metadata available that we would want to pass
to the repositories, which they have told us they want to take, and is
needed to properly support export functionality from the repository
that is desired.