Hi,

Just to announce that the SWORD v2 python client I've been working on
has reached a state which should be usable by other people. There are
still some gaps in what coverage it has (notably, the Sword Statement is
returned as an XML structure with only a few details extracted into
object attributes) but it certainly should do the job for most things.

The code itself is MIT licensed, and it and documentation about it can
be found at the following links:

Currently the module name is 'sword2' - this is up for debate, and the
quicker it is changed to something the group is happiest with, the
better.

(IMO sword2 is fine.... ;))

API documentation:   http://packages.python.org/sword2/
(Mostly complete)

Usage documentation: http://bitbucket.org/beno/python-sword2/wiki/Home
(50% done)

Repository:          http://bitbucket.org/beno/python-sword2

And I expect that there will be bugs, issues and allsorts of problems,
so if you do want to raise an issue, this is the issue tracker I'll be
monitoring:

Issue-tracker:       http://bitbucket.org/beno/python-sword2/issues

Ben