Hi All,

I've registered EPrints XML format with IANA:

application/vnd.eprints.data+xml [1]

EPrints XML is a direct representation of the repository's schema i.e. it
isn't a standard metadata format but a serialisation. It can embed
full-texts via base64 encoding in an element. "Most" EPrints repositories
will share the schema from the out of the box configuration though. The
new mime type will be used in EPrints 3.3.x.

The purpose of registering was to enable content-negotiated access/deposit
of EPrints XML which would otherwise be ambiguous (there are several
EPrints-supported formats that live in 'text/xml').

The vendor (.vnd) tree is intended to be a lightweight process. It's taken
me about a month with one feedback to get a registration. Actually writing
the application took me ~2 days (a lot of that time spent reading the
relevant RFCs).

--
All the best,
Tim.