I think there are more dependencies on Eclipse. For example SWTBot is no
library (like log4j, junit etc.) but a set of Eclipse plugins.

Concerning patches for making it compatible with Eclipse 3.2: This could be
hard stuff. For example when you are using 3.3 classes from Eclipse, there
would be compile errors on 3.2. But the biggest difficulty would be to backport
the SWTBot test launcher plugin since there has been refactored a lot there and
it requires writing Eclipse plugin knowledge, which I don't have.

Do you know the commercial tools which can also test SWT/RCP, like Froglogic
Squish and QFTest? Its hard to believe that they can only test it if the RCP is
written for Eclipse X.X or higher. They must be compatible with at least
Eclipse 3.x I think. Otherwise it would make no sense for the customers or for
the companies, since they would have to maintain its tool for a variety of
Eclipse/RCP versions. Bottom line is, that I think that they have an
intelligent solution for the compatibility problem. No spine shivers, but
solutions. Maybe its another solution, but there must be soltions others than
patching SWTBot I believe.

I asked in the Sun forum about a solution, they provided some. At least one
will work good I think. I will check that.

By the way, does your team test RCP applications with SWTBot?