I think the best approach is to use something like Flex DataGrid.

See http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/quickstart/using_item_renderers/

Its uses some kind of data renderer concept. The table would have a
default data/cell renderer. It should accept a data/cell renderer per
column. For instance, the render method of CellRenderer interface
could be render($data, bool $odd). The user could extend this pieces
and not the table widget itself, which is the "controller".

The widget could receive a creole result set, a criteria, ... (and
doctrine "brothers")

This approach clearly follows MVC pattern.