I converted to Netbeans 6.8 from the latest Eclipse version,
personally I had problems with
Eclipse unreliable code completion and high resource usage (both cpu
and memory).
Unfortunately not everything is perfect with Netbeans, I experienced
also the high CPU usage lockup
(i suspect it has something to do with code completion that fails and
goes into an infinite loop).

So if there are better IDE's than these I'm looking forward :)

For anyone using Java based editors my suggestion is to use the Sun
JRE (for both Eclipse and Netbeans)
the one that comes bundled with a Linux distributions may not work as
well.

    gabriel