thanks to both of you.

I have been trying to keep the plugin without changes and your
solution worked.

Actually was very easy. I just override the
sfGuardUserAdminForm.class.php and modified the validation of the
'permissions_list' field.

It doesn't work before because I was trying to change the validation
in sfGuardUserForm instead of sfGuardUserAdminForm class. So,  if
sfGuardUserForm is automatically created in /lib/form/doctrine/
sfDoctrineGuardPlugin when it was installed, what kind of changes to
the form could be made in this class?

Thank you very much for your help.

José A. San Gil
http://jsangil.blogspot.com