Hi,

First you don't really need the doc.
The most important is : you can have a cache.yml file at different
level and refine for any module, action, partial.

Second, the contextual option is very important. If it's "true", it
will parse the parameters to store the cache file.
Ex: if you cache a product page with contextual true, for any id in
the url (so each product) will have its own cache.

You can sometimes "force" to use the contextual.
Ex. I have a partial : _header_layout.php with a basic menu and a
text : "Hello Username".
Because I can't store this partial for all user, I have to make it
contextual to the user.
include_partial('header_layout', array($user=>$sf_user->getId());

For your application, you probably don't want a cache for the editor
(you will spend time to delete the cache),
but a cache for the visitor.
I extend sfViewCacheManager, overrride ignore() to ignore the cache on
special credential (ex. editor)

I can't help you more I think. It depends then of your application and
choice.
Then, you have sometimes to restructure (/isolate) to be able to use a
cache.

security at symfony-project.com