Wow,  windows sucks :-),
What if I do my own select by keeping a list of tsockets and loop through
and use canread on each one,  I can't imagine it would be much slower on a
modern server with a fast cpu and multiple cores.
I did read on Google of people raising fd_setsize past 64 on newer windows
servers is and win 7 and it worked.