Am Montag, den 17.01.2011, 20:07 +0100 schrieb Patrick Ohly:
> On Mo, 2011-01-17 at 16:19 +0000, Frederik Elwert wrote:
> > I think your suggestion makes sense. I always understood ConsumerReady
> > to only make sense in a template context, that’s why I currently don’t
> > handle it in Genesis. But using it to hide unwanted configs seems to be
> > a smart idea.
> >
> > My only issue with it is that it isn’t backwards compatible. So if I
> > implement what you suggest, configs that were created based on
> > non-supported templates with the current sync-ui won’t show up in
> > Genesis any longer. So I feel I should at least wait until the next
> > SyncEvolution release which explicitly sets ConsumerReady = 1, so
> > re-editing the config in sync-ui would make it show up in Genesis again.
>
> Nothing in SyncEvolution will magically set that flag. Or rather, I
> wasn't planning to. Now that you mention it, I might as well set the
> flag for any migrated configuration from SyncEvolution < 1.2, because
> these used to be user-visible.

Maybe I wasn’t clear. I meant that sync-ui in SyncEvolution 1.2 will set
ConsumerReady = 1 when one creates/edits a config, even if it is based
on an unsupported template. Or did I get that wrong? Then, editing a
config in sync-ui would be enough to make it visible again in Genesis’
config list. But however, doing so on migration might prevent the
problem at all. ;-)

> > Attached, I have a patch that implements this behaviour for Genesis. Is
> > this what you had in mind?
>
> Yes, exactly.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,