[adding Jonathan to CC again - he is not subscribed]

On Do, 2011-02-24 at 09:08 +0000, Irihapeti wrote:
> Jonathan Pritchard <jonathanr.pritchard+mlist@...> writes:
> > This project looks very interesting, and hopefully what I'm looking for.
> >
> > I was wondering if there is a way to synchronise calendar data
> > primarily, from an N900 over Bluetooth to a Linux desktop running
> > Mozilla Lightning or Sunbird?
> >
> > On my old Nokia phone, an N82, I used OpenSync to achieve this, but even
> > then it strictly only supports Mozilla Sunbird and not Mozilla
> > Lightning, in my experience.
>
> I've discovered a roundabout way of doing this.
>
> I run the Darwin Calendar Server on my main box and use that as Evolution's
> default calendar. Lightning connects to DCS using the caldav option.
>
> Evolution and Lightning have different ways of interpreting repeating events
> with exceptions, and there may be other quirks as well.

Can you elaborate on that? Which events are handled differently?

Regarding CalDAV, I now (finally) have permission to make SyncEvolution
backends for that available. I'm writing a README as we speak and will
push the code once that's done. More about that in a separate email.

I'm mentioning it in this context because synchronization could be
simplified to:
- run Darwin Calendar Server
- connect Lightning to it
- synchronize N900<->Calendar Server with SyncEvolution

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.