Op dinsdag 15 maart 2011 11:26:38 schreef Patrick Ohly:
> Hello folks!
>
> Debian users have tried out installing more recent SyncEvolution
> packages and ran into issues that apply to all distros shipping
> SyncEvolution. I'd like to raise awareness of these issues and discuss
> how to solve them.

Might this also be related to my recent synchronisation problems?

Since your clear reply on January 2nd I set up a syncevolution config to
synchronised the file
/home/hansdej/.SyncEvolution/Calendar/calendar.ics
with my N900 via bluetooth & the SyncML server builtin the N900 (With the
capital C in uri=Calendar)

It worked fine until a few weeks ago, now it seems as if the file-backend does
not know where to look anymore:
(draugen is the name of my N900)
hansdej@debian]/home/hansdej>syncevolution draugen calendar

[INFO] addressbook: inactive

[INFO] calendar+todo: inactive

[INFO] memo: inactive

[INFO] todo: inactive

[INFO] Server sending SAN

[ERROR] Error allocating creating calendar

[INFO] calendar: inactive

[ERROR] fatal error (local, status 10500)

Synchronization failed, see
/home/hansdej/.cache/syncevolution/draugen-2011-03-21-23-43/syncevolution-log.html
 for details.

Changes applied during synchronization:

+---------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-CON-+

|               |         LOCAL         |        REMOTE         | FLI |

|        Source | NEW | MOD | DEL | ERR | NEW | MOD | DEL | ERR | CTS |

+---------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+

|      calendar |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |

|      fatal error (local, status 10500)                              |

+---------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+

|          start Mon Mar 21 23:43:03 2011, duration 0:04min           |

|                  fatal error (local, status 10500)                  |

+---------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+

First ERROR encountered: Error allocating creating calendar

[ERROR] command line execution failure
FYI the calendarfile Header:
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//K Desktop Environment//NONSGML libkcal 4.3//EN
VERSION:2.0
etc.)

Am I to look further for some error of my own, what could cause this:
"Error allocating creating calendar"

I also tried setting up the syncevo-http-server on my desktop PC on the same
account and then run syncevolution from a prompt on the N900, this also lead to
an error indicating that the calendar.ics file whas not found or improperly
accessed.

Any hints, or should I wait until some general bug is solved?

Thank you.