On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 14:36:47 +0200, Patrick Ohly <patrick.o...@intel.com> wrote:

> I wonder if EDS/Evolution >= 2.30 distro packages should have a conflict
> with libecal/ebook < 2.30, to prevent such broken combination of
> packages. David, what do you think?

I don't really understand how EDS can use a different version of the
libraries than it was linked against; I suppose it could be doing some
dlopen business. I think I'd have to know more before I commented. There
are good reasons to keep libraries co-installable in general. On the
other hand, if the new EDS packages don't work with the old libraries
installed, that is a bug, and should be reported.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I don't know the Evolution ecosystem at
all beyond its interaction with syncevolution.