Hi Patrick,

thanks a lot! It works like charm with the new version.

If anyone else it interested in the setup, here are the commands I used:

$ syncevolution --configure backend=file \
database=file:///home/me/.local/share/SL78H/ \
databaseFormat=text/x-vcard @gigaset addressbook

$ syncevolution --configure syncURL=local://@gigaset peerIsClient=1 \
sync=one-way-from-server uri=addressbook --template default gigaset \
addressbook

There is just one thing I don’t really get yet: Against the
sync=one-way-from-server setting, syncs are performed two-way. That
doesn’t really harm, I think, but it seems rather strange.

Just out of curiosity: If I wanted to make the phone sync even easier,
I’d like to achieve to things: a) export only entries with a phone
number, and b) get rid of the PHOTO property for the items in the target
directory. Are there (rather) simple ways of doing this with
SyncEvolution?

I could also just write a quick python script to post-process the files,
but I was curious if there are built-in ways for this.

By the way, the --export command is really nice, but it exports items in
vCard 3.0, where I needed 2.1. So all the effort was not in vain. ;-)

Thanks again,
Frederik