Hi,

A couple of things:

Paul Hoffman, the author of RFC 3536 on "Terminology Used in
Internationalization in the IETF"
  ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3536.txt
has been keeping up with most, if not all, efforts to internationalize
protocols and strings used in IP.  He has volunteered to help us out when
needed.  I would suggest that Rainer gather the thoughts and proposals and
send them to Paul off list - a very few others may volunteer to be cc'd on
that.  (I just think it impolite to involve someone in an on-going
discussion on a list that person is not subscribed to.)  Rainer can then
bring the results back to this discussion.  I'm certain that Paul will
review the ID when it goes to the IESG for Last Call.

We will probably not produce any work about storing syslog messages at
this time.  That seems to be outside of our scope.  Once we're well on our
way past this set of IDs/RFCs then we may consider something like that.
I'm not sure what reception that will get from the ADs since the IETF is
more about things on the wire than things in the end system.

Thanks,
Chris