Tom,

> I am not quite clear about this.
>
> In the I-D, it isn't really English (or American) that we are

I talked about English to say that US-ASCII is sufficient. I am somewhat
hesitant to put a requirement into the draft to actually use English. Maybe in
the appendix, but I don't think it is wise to do it in the standards text.

> restricting
> SD-NAME to
> but, as the I-D says, to
>  PRINTUSASCII except = SP ] "
> There are lots of other English characters -  which this
> keyboard won't
> generate - we do not want to see in there:-)

Which ones do you think should be excluded, too?

> So far so good.
>
> But you seem to be saying more, that SD-NAME SHOULD be an
> English word, as
> opposed to German or French or .. as well as being limited to
> the character set
> above.

see note above. Do you recommend we should actually make English an requirement?

Rainer