Hi,

I was hoping systemd 232 would be released before systemd.conf as a
nice simple release. Unfortunately before the conference started, there
were too many regressions and bugs open. Since then people have been piling
new stuff on top, which is good, but keeps delaying the release.

My proposal is to wrap 232 up, by fixing outstanding regressions, and a
portion of open bugs tagged with the v232 milestone (see below).
New stuff should wait until after the release.

tl;dr version:
 1. squash bugs and merge PRs with milestone:v232, but ignore any label:resolve
 2. revert "networkd: add dbus interface for lease raw options (#3528)"
 3. profit ;)

long version:

Open bugs with v232 milestone [1]:
- 18 open
  - two have label:has-pr, should be resolved soon
  - 6 are label:resolve, I propose to leave them for the future:
    Those are not regressions, and if we start fixing systemd-resolved,
    we'll open a big can of worms and delay the release even further.
  - this leaves 10 bugs [2]:
    Lukáš has a patch almost ready for #4306, so really 9.

There are currently two outstanding pull requests [3]:
Evgeny's cgroups fix, and Daniel's cgroup configure switch.

Would be great to squash those remaining 9 issues and get 232 released.
I'll take a stab at #4411.

Another issue is what to do with
"9f1008d513 networkd: add dbus interface for lease raw options (#3528)".
I merged that PR. It is technically correct, but not in line with the
planned dbus API that Tom is developing, Lennart also isn't convinced
about the way the parameters are accessed. Therefore I propose to revert
the commit and revisit the raw option api after the release.
Andrew, apologies!

Comments? Commitments to bug squashing? Anything else urgent?

Zbyszek

[1]
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue%20is%3Aopen%20milestone%3Av232
[2]