Am 18.11.2016 um 15:46 schrieb Cédric BRINER:
We used to have a custom init script written for systemV that was working.

Now, for some unknown reason, systemd does not to treat this init script
as it used to be

If so how can I instruct this service to execute the ExecStop before
unmounting the local_fs.

first by replace that crap by a systemd-unit and if it does nothing else than call the shellscript in ExecStart and ExecStop

second as you say it's only used at shutdown then it don't need ExecStart at all, just Type=oneshot and ExecStop, you can also use ExecStart=/bin/true for such cases

and finally: order you After/Before correctly since stop of services at shutdown happens in the exactly reversed ordering than their start at boot which should make it pretty clear

And don't tell me to specify RequiresMountsFor
with the listing of mount, as this has been tested with no success

that sentence is worthless without saying waht you have tried

dozens of times people are coming here with RequiresMountsFor=/var/run not realizing that this is a symlink to /run and so never can do what one thinks it does because they symlink exists in different lifecycles times than mounts where it points to