> Let's face it.  The world has gone past your sprint coaches.

Yes, I'm sure that is why the majority of the world comes here to train ...
Do you
> remember what happened at the World Championships in Seville?  Men's 400m
> final?  3 fastest men in the world?  I bet you all thought sweep.  Just
like
> you're thinking now for the 200m.   Did you know about Cardenas and
> Parrella?

Even a blind squirrel finds an occasional nut ..
> The same thing will happen at the Olympics.  Forget Capel and Heard.  If
YOU
> CANNOT RUN THE TIMES IN EUROPE, THEN YOU HAVE NOT RUN THE TIMES.
Suddenly
> fast times run by the Americans on Day 9 of the trials do not count, in my
> opinion.

First off the US Trials competition in the sprints is as tough, if not
tougher, than the games themselves .. You have to run fast in order to get a
shot at the Olympics .. There are no free rides .. You have to be ready to
perform on the day .. So excuse these poor athletes for being prepared when
it counted .. European races mean nothing this year except as paydays .. IF
you area an American sprinter there are two times this year when you
have/had to be at your absolute best - the Trials and the Games .. Period ..
That mean trying to peak or come close to peak twice - not the easiest of
endeavors if you know anything about peaking for performance ..

> Lets recap some of these times.
>
> Coby Miller  19.96      What did he run in the 100m?  His better event?
> Bernard Williams 20.03     Same question?
> Floyd Heard  19.88
> JOANNA HAYES !    12.65
> ANGIE VAUGHAN       12.83    Cracks 13.00 for the first time in 2-3 years.
> Tonya Lawson 12.78
> Melissa Morrison   12.57
> Sharon Jewell     12.68       ran 13.6  yesterday in Austria
>
> Amazing!
>

> You got to reproduce these times somewhere else.   I for one do NOT
believe
> them.

Then, as my grandmother used to say "you would argue with a stop sign" ...

Conway Hill
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Each morning in Australia, a kangaroo wakes up. It knows it must run faster
than the slowest Dingo or it will be killed. Every morning a Dingo wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the slowest kangaroo or it will starve to death. It
doesn't matter whether you are a kangaroo or a Dingo: "When the sun comes up
you'd better be running!"