Once again Franno comes to a party of 2000 people without bringing enough
dope for everyone.

At 01:18 AM 8/10/00 -0400, franno wrote:
>Here is why I ignore Greene and Johnson.   I already excluded the HSI
>sprinters from my analysis, having conceded John Smith's coaching prowess.
>I have excluded Johnson because I believe that he is a freak of nature.

I'm sure MJ and Clyde Hart would take issue with exclusion and your 'freak
of nature' assertion.  MJ is sort of a late bloomer (i.e. unlike Deloach
and other sprint prodigies) ...  late bloomers typically suffer through
lots of losses and tough workouts before coming into their own.

>The original argument surrounded the idea that if the HSI group and Michael
>Johnson are excluded, America is producing also ran sprinters.

Another ridiculous assertion.  Attempting to distill the *current* 'cream
of the crop' out of American sprinting (which is an asinine premise) and
labelling what's left as also rans is an oversimplification.   Among what's
left are the youngsters coming to the fore (the Capels, Millers, etc.) and
the 'twilighters' coming back from injury, etc. (the Heards...).