Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:28:49 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Looking over the tainted records of the women made me wonder.  Has there
been
any reason given why the German women seem to have benefited from the drugs
more than the men?  We are staring at 1:53, and 47.60, but not one German
record from the men's side.

DGS
The G.O.A.T.

****How about GDR women's coaches: Edwin Tepper and Horst Hille...

Also this "tainted" records bit is a joke,
1st place is 1st place, 2nd is 2nd and so on!

The chemical enhancement of today is much more in depth then it was then,
could it be perhaps these women simply had superior coaches and
phyiotherapists?  No, that would be too hard for an American to admit,
especially since they didn't build their aerobic base in the off season
prior to those records!  Since EVERYONE (vomit) knows how you have to first
build up mileage then gradually introduce higher speed shorter distance
work, There is just no way other then drugs, apparently, to achieve those
results, especially not starting out by deleting mileage work all together
and instead beginning at short distances (10-30m) building speed, then speed
over greater distances to eventually arrive at the given race times.  That
last bit sounds so crazy it would be a shame if someone in the US got off
their pre-1950's mileage base-paradigm-believing rear-end and put that
system to use in the collegiate system.  Oh yeh I must have forgot, Speed is
100% genetic, and can't be enhanced through training!  (Mr. Seagrave, didn't
anyone tell you it isn't a skill, that can be improved like any other skill
through training?)

I gladly accept that most coaches will continue to cling to their
mileage-base-for-sprinters-paradigm like their little security blanket when
they were 4yrs old, I just don't want to hear any complaining about:
freshman not performing to there pre-college level or sprinters with stress
fractures from mileage, or torn hamstrings after the switch to speed work
prior to meets, or about how such and such is inconsistent, etc.