From: John Lunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: lehane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: t-and-f: Short/Long course cross country

> Bob,
> COOL!
> While you are down sizing cross country, why not do the same to track.
> Only 1 weight event. Heck they all spin now, so as long as they spin and
have a weight they must be the same. Let's not water down the events.
> Same with the horizontal jumps. If you can jump once,you can jump 3 times.
I say compromise -have the duo jump or call it the hop-step. Forget the long
jump and the triple jump.
> Running? Forget the 100 and the 400. I'm tired of the talent being
stretched to cover these events. The 200 says it all.
> No one knows what to make of the 800- throw it out. The 5000 and the
10,000 are the same people-chuck 'em. If they can't run the mile, they
shouldn't be on the track.
> There is more to cross country than a long race on bumpy ground!
> John
>
> lehane wrote:
>
> > I'm in full agreement.  Cross country - one race, one champion.
Beautiful simplicity.