First question is why is Marion not running the relay ??? Next question is "whatever happened to putting relay teams together based on speed/skill at positions/legs" ??? On the men's side, JD is easily the best leadoff, irregardless of where he placed in the final ... MO is the anchor ... Williams has proven to be the same caliber on the second leg ... Only real question in my mind is leg 3 ... The 3 who would be in the running for that leg in my view would be Montgomery, Johnson and Mitchell ... Montgomery has proven to be the fastest over the season and in the trials so would deserve the shot ... And was the trials champ ... I know Johnson fits naturally in the relay as he and the other 3 I mentioned run together ... But unfortunately we have not as of yet developed a national relay team which would mean in my eyes that the trials winner is a hard one to unseat for relay duty ...

On the women's side, without Marion you run Chryste to Torrie to Inger to Kelli ... Angela is limited to first leg duty only so you could go Angela to Chryste to Inger to Kelli ... Chryste and Inger have to be there ... And Kelli has proven to be consistently fast this season ... Still curious as to why Marion will not be running on the relay ...

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: t-and-f: World Champs Relays

In a message dated 06/25/2001 2:11:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Should be an easy call

That is funny Conway!!!
Marion is not running the 4x100m, so you are looking at Chryste, Kelli,
Angela, Torri, Inger, and a pick 'em.  The question is if you put the
greatest female 3rd leg out there, who do you take off?  It will be
interesting.  the catch phrase of the weekend is, "The fastest 4 at that time
will run."  So we will see.
The men's side is its usual mess.  The minute the race ended the fireworks
started, and CJ has been put on the outside again.  But like I said, the
catch phrase has been put forth, so we will see what comes in the next few
weeks.  My question is what if one of these guys does not run again until
Edmonton?  And a better question is do you put Dennis out there?  What about
that guy in 5th?  Do you move him up and bump who?  Of course I know what the
relay should be, but that will never happen, NEVER!

Darrell Smith
Faith is a road seldom traveled
Let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus,
the author and finisher of our faith" Hebrews 12: 1-2